Tuesday, August 5, 2014

To The Most Wonderful Doctor I Know

Till 13 March, I never had an affair to doctors except a hope to marry one. Being outstanding at gym, never made me feel as low as I felt after being crushed by a freak drunk idiot. After all, a good body is all what you possess.

It took him around 6-7 hours to operate me scrupulously and reshape all those anomalous fractures. Superlatively genius, the man is an example to the doctor community. His noble and humble nature makes him stand aside. The much special thing about him that he never made me feel like 'Patient,' a word I hated the most. Come on you, jerks! My name is Sourav, and I am not a 'Patient.' Call me a fighter, rather.



Mr. Sanjeev Uppal is M.S., M.Ch., S.T.S (Yale University, USA). Honestly, the meaning of these initials for me is like chewing almond now a day (as my teeth are sensitive due to the smash). He is heading the department of plastic surgery in DMCH, Ludhiana. Being so successful and rich, he is away from all that so called 'arrogance.' It is an astonishing experience to know him.


During these five months of downer, I have realised that half of the malaise can be taken away with love and affection. There is nothing worst for a patient than to be treated harshly. I got hurt brutally, without even committing any mistake. So, a grating treatment is not what I deserved. I had beaten death and I wished to be treated like a champion. 

A lady doctor and some junior practitioners had no idea, "How to deal with?". They kept on experimenting, yet my misery had no end. Boundless pain made me bawl every time they tried something new. It was so hopelessness that it made me even pray for death. 

and the hope emerged vividly, my father still call it miraculous.

I believe that God has made humans beings so that they can serve others. Perhaps that is why humanity is blessed with intelligence and capability of thinking. To think that I am better than others or I am superior to anybody is disastrous. The Holy Bhagwad Gita calls it 'ignorance'. 


A woman tells her doctor, 'I've got a bad back.' The doctor says, 'It's old age.' The woman says, 'I want a second opinion.' The doctor says: 'Okay - you're ugly as well.'
-Tommy Cooper

Unlike This, Dr. Uppal treated me with tenderness and never fooled me to avoid any risk. He was always firm in his conversations, he never had a second opinion to talk about. His skilful ability to avoid pain has made me obliged to him. After that, I would never be harsh to myself. 

Right from telling me about various television serials to discussing a marketing plan; he motivated me to never give up. It is my affection and propensity towards him that sometimes I keep on talking to him even after the prescription. After all, how much a patient expect?  Just a careful and affectionate watch.



Such people are blessings to humanity. Still under his supervision, hopeful. 







No comments:

Post a Comment