Friday, June 27, 2014

This is the way I am in ASIAN

Note:This blog was originally written on 17th Jan 2012. Just updated it here on my official blogspot.


It was all finished and I was pissed of fake interviews, cheap publicity stunts and tired of running here and there. Finally I decided to go back home.
Woke up early with broken heart and scattered dreams and gathered the pieces. It was time to travel in SRTC (broken dreams already costed me high). Mind was fighting against the defeat and heart was struggling against the memories of someone.
Fed up completely, and all I just needed a tranquilizer and found ROBIN SHARMA as a doctor, his MEGA-LIVING costed me a few extra bucks that I used to spent in novels. Finally cart of petrol headed towards Jammu and I was sure that I will be at home in the eve but I was missing something and I was really missing something.
REACHED HOME
Like all mothers, mum consoled me the comfortable zone with her soulful voice and it was like ZANDHU BALM for headache. As-usual @7 pm, cell rang cautiously and I was the most horrible number flashing on the screen, it was DAD calling....
Namastya DADji
Beta, reached home?
yeah, DADji
'Hae, don't worry, go for further studies and entrance examinations and keep giving interviews' was the words of DADji and I never felt 'leaving breadth' like that specially first three words were warm like I LOVE U :P :D. Though I felt the love and warmth of Dad but still I felt the sadness hided behind the golden words.

It was first time, nothing seemed me b'ful, not even the sky and the birds flying high. Peace hiding in the farms was notching me my brain, heart was missing something so much (the more you are in hell, the more you miss your special).
My cellphone (which is important for me more than air (not now a days :D)) remind me that I have to check facebook....
1 MESSAGE
Amit Lal : Sourav, call me as soon as possible, I don't have your number.
.......and I never wasted a single minute to call him, as he the person who always think for a cause.
'Amit Sir, Sourav here....got your message'
yeah Sourav, there is a few openings in CIPLA, Delhi....go for it'
@$$^*hmm....ok sir

and the next morning SOURAV took his fauji bag and headed towards delhi (a loser is the best person to drive anywhere as he is the best available grocery like 'aaloo' )

Delhi is too far to go, let me move to Phagwara first. Like a good friend Rajesh never made me feel like a dog looking for shelter under a car.
Next day Tarun came and we discussed his job, like we used to discuss girls in college. In between he told me that some SPUTNIC, SPUTNIC CONSULTANT mailed him job openings in ASIAN PAINTS LIMITED. Like laalchi fox for grapes, I asked him to forward me that mail and he did it.

Two days before we all were ready to go for the interview except Tarun.....

One day before Manoj also said that he is not going (unwanted rejection from British Paints acted as pregnancy for him, just because he didn't opened to 'condom of location' ). Now I moved my head towards Rajesh, my eyes were glittering for the enticement of his company but found him suffering from Britishfobia.

Finally got a good news in the eve that Devesh (a classmate of mine whom I never seen doing MBA, either I was too busy with studies or he was :P :D)

Now it was not really the DAY OF DREAMS, I was already fed up of B grade status. Anyways I woke up early in the morning and had a bath (I am not sure :D) and as-usual dressed up in my favourite grey and white with blue DOG STRIP which I loved to wear when I was not graduate.

Being a army personnel son I was at bus stand sharply at 6 am but Devesh reminded me that I am an MBA and I should be late. He came at 6.30 and we had a SRTC cart for Panchkula office, he was sleepy all the way (girlfriends could be the easiest way to wake up whole night for study purposes but ironically we can't focus at anything except her eyes )

Suddenly reached sector 44 and hired a auto-rickshaw (auto-rickshaw drivers should be hired as Area Managers as they are the toughest people to bargain with) well I was able to make an affordable deal and I was sure that I have cleared first round.

Finally, I read on a wall, ASIAN PAINTS LIMITED and unloaded the auto-rickshaw but I was not getting the vibes of surety that it is really the regional office of ASIAN PAINTS. I seemed me like a SME Unit in which Punjabis forge Biharis into nuts and bolts (its not a communal abuse but the reality i have seen during my intern with CRISIL). well after the registration via we entered inside and found 2-3 job seekers (who needed the job desperately ) but no one was there to give the job desperately.

Slowly but steadily some extra gentle (in looks :P) but conscious idiots started entering the meeting room and soon we were 15 people in the meeting room and how can u expect silence when 2 sardars are sitting among you (well it was the time for some extra excellence discussions). Suddenly a gentleman holding an extra valuable file (well I guess in bucks) entered the room and I was about to stand in honor but suddenly found him on seekers chair and I divorced a deep breadth. He started conversation in English to the guy sitting in front of him and soon he realised that he is finished with his English quota of six months and then became casual speaker of hindi I ever seen.

After a loooong wait, a smiling stuff entered the room and introduced himself ANIL something (I guess he was admin. officer there) and told us that today is closing day and therefore no interviews for the day (well rejection hurts but such rejection bleeds). But after the request from all of us he became ready to have words with his superiors and finally got the news after 3 hours that there were going to be interviews.

FIRST ROUND (WRITTEN TEST)

Mr. Anil entered with 16 sheets in his hand and gave us the instructions regarding the rules. As the times started, I was sure that I gonna made it as I found myself always good in aptitude tests (well no secret behind it just a common sense of making good hits). Soon Mr. Anil left the room to make most of people to reach in next round and Indians never lose such chances but I had to concentrate on friendship and I cross checked his sheet with mine (I felt myself like one eye king in the density of blinds).
Mr. Anil entered and grab all the answer sheets and announced to wait for half an hour to get the results.

Finally results came and all intelligent idiots cleared first round except one. Frustrated Sardar left the room with a bang which means no more haha-hehe, bla bla bla $%&*^#@


SECOND ROUND (GROUP DISCUSSION) and an unwanted round of EX-TEMPO

Suddenly a man entered into the room, seemed so serious as serious as our PM Manmohan Singh, introduced himself as DEEPAK VERMA and sat into the silence as if a yogi meditating in the Himalaya, continuously reading something written on a sheet and on and on. Suddenly bowed an arrow of 'Is Anna's agitation viable or not' as a topic and kept 16 dogs fighting for a single bone. well everyone kept his viewpoints in his individual excellence in English (Thanks God for keeping few extra words in my 2 and 1/2 pages English dictionary on that day). In the mid of discussion I somewhere realised that I have had already made it. But it was impossible to make him satisfied (B grade Business schools doesn't build attitude, as attitude needs heavy pockets).

Finally, Mr. Verma decided to take an extra round of EX-TEMPO, and started his deadliest proceedings with an individual topic to everyone (now fish sellers had nothing to sell, so few of us thought of staying silent and pack up and few who left with babies fishes changed their language to sell as they may realised that Mr. Verma is from Punjab and week in English)

Finally, he left out and we got the result after 20-30 mins, 5 out of 16 got selected for next round.


THIRD ROUND (AREA MANAGER INTERVIEWS)

Deepak sir called first candidate inside for interview. 1 hour gone, nobody came outside.... 1 and 1/2 hour gone, no response....heat of excitement now changed into sleep strokes..... 2 hours and rishi came outside, his face was glowing 'pale rose' (an enamel of ASIAN) . He was looking like a wireless set with no signals and silently left the office. second candidate went inside and came after 1 hour, went directly to wash room and left unsaid. Now it was my turn, entered inside in fear but found nothing too much horrible. Mr. Verma put me into juicer and grind everything left inside my brain. Yeah, my b'ful ads once more worked for me and Mr. Verma left me saying that you have nice ads and you are the best candidate. I was sure that I will get selected. The interview was a great learning, Mr. Verma seemed me an ideal person and I am still a great fan of him (not because he choosed me, but he possess a real attitude)


After a hectic day came back to Phagwara and after two days got the call for final interviews. One day while surfing the FACEBOOK (who says I spoil time on fb?), suddenly I found that SUMIT WALIA (an awesome friend whom I never met but still he directed me as a mentor) is working for ASIAN, messaged him, got his number. Before calling him I was sure he is going to make a big difference and his suggestions really made it (isiliye sab kehte hain sumit kafi upar jayega.... sumit, Aman Chodha ji panga na liyo ni toh seede uppppar jayega :P :D)


FOURTH ROUND (REGIONAL MANAGER INTERVIEWS)

Do I need to mention that I was the first choice :) .... Thanks to GOD, Thanks to my Parents, teachers and friends.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment