Thursday, August 15, 2013

Honesty is Not Poor, Just People Are!

I was working as-usual on laptop in my room and felt to ask a question to 'aunty', who works at my home (The word 'maid', is for those who understand excellent English).
'Aunty', from where you are?
I am from Nepal beta, has been working for last 20 years in this home
I felt ashamed for not knowing this marvelous fact of her loyal services to this home, where I am staying as a paying-guest for past 1 year.
and she continued, ''I have two sons and we live in a society nearby.''
''Aunty, are your sons literate?'' I inquired excitedly
''Padhai, gareebo k liye kahan hoti hai beta? They work as drivers to earn livelihood''
These words were enough to jolt my conscience, left me thoughtful!
''My younger son looks like you, if he would sit along you- You both will look like brothers. I don't know how come God has blessed a poor like me with such a adorable child.'' She told me while her eyes were glittering with the essence of motherhood and that love, which is so precious.
She voice was so ravishing, so her expressions were! I glimpsed her honesty in her poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment